The NDA (National Defense Academy) is a first-level Institute that trains cadets (candidates) to choose for the Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian and Indian Navy Air Force) as an official.
Candidates may enter the National Academy Qualification Examination (NDA 2018) organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
Through this article, applicants can find detailed information on the application form, test dates, qualification and eligibility age, program and exam model.
NDA 2017 Exam Dates
2017 NDA notification for trial dates and school calendar has been published by UPSC. 2017 NDA review will take place twice in 2017. The authority issued the review dates for the two review sessions. The test date is subject to change by the governing body, students who regularly visit this page for the latest updates. 2017 NDA examination dates listed below:
NDA Exam Pattern
- Sections: The NDA entrance examination will be asked in two subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1: Code 1 will comprise of Mathematics questions of 300 marks while code 2 will comprise of general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2: Code 2 will be divided in 2 sections as A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- Language: The paper will be of both language Hindi & English.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for incorrect response given by candidates in the objective type questions.
- Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Subjects: The NDA exam paper will be consisted of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held through offline mode.
The NDA 2017 exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Mathematics||01||2 1/2 Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 1/2 Hours||600|